Updated by Dallas de Marr
Correct user attribution is a critical component of keeping your issues organized. With Deals+ all updates in Pipedrive are from the user who performed the action - not a "bot" user.
What to know
- All updates will have correct user attribution in Pipedrive
- Users connect their Slack and Pipedrive accounts to make updates to Pipedrive
- Users Pipedrive permissions are automatically respected by Deals+
How does it work?
- A user mentions a Pipedrive deal in a channel where the bot is invited.
- The bot responds with issue information
- The user chooses to add a note to the deal.
- The note is added to Pipedrive as the user who added the comment in Slack.
What is happening in the technology?
We use OAuth to communicate with the Pipedrive APIs and users are required to authenticate with Pipedrive to allow our systems to make updates in Pipedrive on their behalf. This process is known as API impersonation.
The result is that all updates made from Deals+ are reflected in Pipedrive as the user who performed the action. This ensures the source of the update (Slack / Confluence / Email / etc) does not effect the tracking in Pipedrive.
The first time users interact with the app they will be automatically be required to connect their Slack account with their Pipedrive account to establish connectivity and permissions in Confluence.
What to know
- Your password is never shared with our systems
- Every action you take in Slack (create, comment, etc) will be attributed to your account in Pipedrive.
- Your permissions are based on your Pipedrive access.
You will be asked to connect your account when you perform you first action in Slack.
- Click the Connect Now button in Slack
- Click Allow in Pipedrive
- Click the button to go to the home screen in Slack.